We are strongly committed to ensuring a high quality of our services and products. We pride ourselves on serving authentic, home cooked meals.
Our Commitment to Quality
We re-interpret rural life.
True Artisan Food
We seek daily to re-interpret country life and to pep it up. Being committed to the slow-food philosophy, we use locally sourced products and adopt a sustainable approach. We pride ourselves on combining true artisan food with the traditional values of an historic inn. Particular attention is being paid to the quality and the origin of the produce we use.
SLOW FOOD FOOD GUIDE 2022
The Slowfood philosophy forms the basis for our everyday activities. We do not only priortise importance to the highest quality, regionality and sustainability in our dishes, but also in our partners and suppliers. In 2022, we were awarded the “SlowFood Guide”.
The “Slow-Food Guide” award is assigend to gastronomic establishments that implement the principles of the Slow-Food philosophy on a daily basis, avoid flavour enhancers and “convience”, show transparency in their sources of supply and demonstrate regional competence.
We personally know all our suppliers.
The delicious ingredients we use are from local orchards, vegetable gardens, pastures, fields and lakes, being refined by artisan food producers of our region.
“Alpen-Kulinarik”initiative brings to new life the culinary tradition of our region to delight the palate of our guests. As a certified “Alpen-Kulinarik” business, we use the unique produce originating in the farmlands of the Alpine foothills and serve typical dishes of the local cuisine.
“Alpen-Kulinarik” – What does it actually mean? It is an alliance of producers and hospi-tality businesses, which aims to showcase and valorise the culinary particularities of the local area: seasonal, distinctive, transparent. Indulge yourself with farm-to-table delicacies.
We put trust in local partners
Our Suppliers and Partners
– Organic bread from the Wolfgruber Artisan Bakery in Anger
– Organic “fair trade” coffee of the “Via Verde” brand from the Dallmayr Coffee Roasters
– Trout and brook char from the “Weiher Haus” Fish Farm in Taching
– Fish from Lake “Chiemsee” supplied by the Chieming-based “Thomafischer” Company run by Mrs Irmi Wallner
– Venison from the hunter Martin Göstl in Feichten / Waging
– Goat’s cheese from “Attl’s Bio-Ziegenhof” Organic Dairy Farm in Fridolfing
– Organic poultry from the “Kettenberger” Organic Farm in Tittmoning
– Beef, veal and pork as well as sausage supplied by the “Gassner” Artisan Butchers in Amerang
– Potatoes and cereal products from the “Demeter-Hof” Farm (Obermeyer Family) in Tengling
– Dairy products from “Milchwerke Berchtesgadener Land” Dairy in Piding
– Fruits brandies from “Sailerhof” Distillery, run by the Gramminger Family, in Taching, as well as from the Klaus Oberkandler Distillery in Kammer
– Juices from the Stöger Company in Übersee
– Mineral water from the “Adelholzner” Company in Siegsdorf
– Beer from the “Hofbräuhaus Traunstein” Brewery
We love wine. That’s why a large part of our wine cellar is filled with organic wines from Austria and Italy.
Enjoy the right wines from the Wachau, Kamptal, Burgenland, Styria, South Tyrol, Veneto and Tuscany, from Puglia, Umbria and Sicily to accompany the Alpine cuisine.
We deliberately focus on wines from the immediate surroundings. In this way, regional cuisine and regional wines complement each other perfectly.
In Bavaria, good beer is a tradition. In cooperation with the Hofbräuhaus Traunstein, we tap our beers fresh from the barrel. We also attach great importance to genuine craftsmanship in our beers.
We recommend the corresponding beer to go with your dish and serve it to you in a matching glass.